Where Will You Spend Eternity?
WHERE WILL YOU SPEND ETERNITY?
2 Samuel 14:14
- There are so many who have left the earth in the past season, and while we draw strength from the Almighty in these times, it is very important to address and answer the question about where we will spend our eternity and to prepare for it.
ETERNITY IS COMING:
A) Remember: Your Creator, Now (Ecclesiastes 12:1-7)
- There are things which might be taking up our attention now that seem very important presently, but these might not look the same in the not too distant future.
- A time is coming when we will realise that these things which we currently consider as priorities, would no longer be important. Therefore, maximise your current season.
- Your current season, right where you are is an opportunity. You must apply yourself to discovering the assignment and gifts that God has given to you and begin to use these in service to God and His kingdom.
B) Purpose: Live Purposefully (Jeremiah 1:12)
- It is very important to be more purposeful about the way you use your time and all the resources which God has given to you.
- Stop wasting the precious time which the Lord has gifted you with, rather, become more intentional about the way in which you use it.
- Embrace your life’s purpose and begin to run with God’s vision for your life, because every day that passes, the clock is ticking, getting closer to eternity.
HOW TO PREPARE FOR ETERNITY
1.The Days Are Numbered: Your Clock is Ticking! (Ecclesiastes 12:1-7)
- Whether we like to think about it or not, the truth is that our days on earth are numbered, we will not be here forever.
- It is very important therefore to live with a sense of purpose and urgency. Be intentional about how you live your life on a daily basis.
- Use your time very carefully and stop procrastinating regarding the things which God has laid upon your heart to do.
- Whatever opportunities God has given to you, presently and in the future, use them effectively and efficiently in service to God and to humanity, especially those around you.
2.Your Unique Contribution: Make Yours! (Gal 5:19-21)
- As a child of God, there is a unique contribution which God has given you the ability to make here on earth.
- Make time to discover your unique capabilities and begin to use these as God intended, for His glory, by making a difference in the life of others with them.
- Refrain from engaging in activities which do not contribute to your God-given assignment.
- Also refrain from activities which lure you to sin, for holiness is God’s will for you.
3.Die to Self: Do So Daily (John 12:24; Gal 6:7-10)
- This means that you do not get too attached to being comfortable over here, rather, stretch yourself in order to become all that God has called you to be.
- This would require that you die to the desires of always pleasing your flesh, and that you choose to live according to the dictates of the Holy Spirit always.
- Watch and be very mindful of the things that you spend the majority of your time and energy doing.
- Fill yourself with activities that build up your spirit, go out of your way to do good, consistently witness for Christ and occupy yourself with the things of the kingdom.
- We must always make sure that as we go about all our activities, that we make God our priority. For we will give account of all that we do here on earth.
- Make doing-good a lifestyle, by always staying away from sin, sharing the gospel of Jesus in every God-given opportunity, looking out for the needs and interests of others, particularly those who are of the community of faith.
- Be deliberate about sowing seeds of love always, towards God and towards others.
- Being such an intentional and genuine Christian will help to ensure that you are getting prepared for eternity when the time comes.
- This season, we pray that the Lord will be with and keep you, now and always, in Jesus’ name. Amen.