Restored Laughter – Take Your Joy| Andrew Adeleke| 07.06.20
Restored Laughter – Take Your Joy
• To encounter restored laughter, we must watch our attitude.
• Our attitude matters and it is important that as believers we develop and maintain a grateful attitude, because this attracts joy to our lives.
Causes of An Ungrateful Attitude:
1. Pride: (Romans 1:21)
• This is an attitude which tends to attribute all achievements to self and personal efforts.
• Such an attitude gives no thought to both the divine help of God and the contributions of others to our successes.
• We should be mindful not begin to ascribe God’s glory to ourselves and also to undermine the people He has used to help us.
2. A Critical Spirit: (Numbers 14:2)
• This is an attitude of constant complaint and grumbling. Never being able to experience any joy in the things of life.
• It is tempting to have such an attitude, particularly in difficult and challenging times and when things don’t go our way.
• Instead we should be encouraged to choose those moments to remember what God has done in our lives in the past, and trusting Him as a result for the future, choose to remain thankful.
3. Carelessness & Familiarity: (Galatians 5:22-23)
• This attitude is a sign of immaturity and it is time for us to grow up and begin to bear fruit as believers. We can get to the point where we get so familiar with the miracles of God that we no longer appreciate the full import of the doings of God.
• However we must not let ourselves get this careless, where we become so familiar with God that we start to take Him and those He uses to bless us for granted.
• Always remember that a thankful attitude endears both God and people to us, making them more eager to bless and help us.
How to Develop/Maintain a Grateful Attitude:
1. Give thanks to God in all things and at all times.
2. Have a forgiving attitude towards others and always remember to show mercy to others, as you have also personally received from God.
3. Share the good news of the gospel of salvation with others at all times.
Next Steps: Things to be Thankful For
1. Thank God for your life, that you are still here in the land of the living.
2. Thank God for your health, for what He has done and by faith for what He will do.
3. Thank God for your loved ones, your family, friends and the people God has blessed your life with.
• Be intentional about giving God thanks for all that He has done. Take some time in prayer and in worship to bless the Lord.
• Where things haven’t gone as planned, rejoice in faith knowing that all things really do and will work together for our good.
• Strive to maintain an attitude of thanksgiving always, as a sign of gratitude to God.
• You will not lose whatever gains God has given to you in the past season.
• Whatever that is missing in your life, this month, God will restore to you as you celebrate.
• God will cause your joy to be full.
In Jesus’ name, Amen
God bless you