Renewed Strength – Waiting Upon The Lord
~KILLING YOUR GIANTS SERIES~
WAITING UPON THE LORD
- This season we focus on: Renewed Strength.
- When eagles fly they maintain their balance, mounting up powerfully with their wings. These amazing birds possess exceptional abilities and strength. As you focus on the Lord by waiting upon Him this season, God will cause you to mount up in like manner.
- However, we must be willing to go deeper in our relationship with God. Power is needed for performance, but that power comes from spending time with God. (Acts 1:8)
HOW TO WAIT UPON THE LORD:
- Faith: Meet Your Fears with Faith (2 Timothy 1:7)
- We cannot afford to allow ourselves to be ruled by fear. Fears of all that is happening within our lives and also on the outside.
- When the enemy tries to come at you with fears and concerns about your current circumstances or your future, choose that moment to exercise your faith.
- Refuse to cower in the face of fear, remember you who are and whose you are. God your Father has not given you a spirit of fear, so refuse to walk in fear.
- Study the Word: Remind Yourself of God’s Testimonies (Jeremiah 1:12)
- Always remember that God is one of His word. When He gives a word, He has every intention of bringing it to pass.
- So, make time to study God’s word, reading stories about His acts of old, particularly in the area of your need. If you need healing or any other breakthrough, study the word in that area.
- Be encouraged to know that God watches over His word. If He did it before, then He can do it again, and your case will not be an exception.
- Be Prayerful: Stir Up, The Pot of Prayer (Luke 18:1)
- We must be people of prayer, praying at all times with all manners of prayer and never fainting.
- In whatever area you need strength and intervention from the Lord, rather than fear, exercise the power of prayer.
- In times of adversity do not give in to the imaginations and taunts of the enemy. Understand that much power lies in your prayers, stir that power up and let it begin to work for you.
- Without strength from above, the strength which comes directly from the Almighty God, you cannot overcome life’s challenges.
- Therefore, continue to spend time with the Lord, waiting on Him consistently and continuously.
- Wait upon Him by exercising your faith, consistently studying the word and praying about all things without ceasing and watch the Lord renew your strength.
- This season as you maintain your commitment to the Lord, we pray that your strength will not fail, God will give you increased speed and prosper all your endeavours according to His will, in Jesus’ name. Amen.