2 Timothy 4:6-12
- It is great to start well, it is very important to continue in the same fervour and it matters greatly that you finish well.
- God wants to see His children begin and finish the assignments which He has given to each of us in strength.
- So be encouraged to start on your journey today and endeavour to do your very best to finish strong and the Lord will assist you as you lean on Him.
KEYS TO FINISHING WELL:
1. GOD’S GRACE: The Favour of God! (Psalm 90:17)
- This is God’s favour in action, through Jesus Christ, by the power of the Holy Spirit.
- It is when the Lord lays His hands upon you to be exceptional and to excel in any endeavour.
2. PERSONAL ENCOUNTER: Fellowshipping with the Lord! (Isaiah 30:21)
- Everyone needs a daily time of fellowship with the Lord continuously.
- In this place of continuous fellowship through the study of God’s word and prayer, you can begin to receive divine instruction from the Lord regarding your affairs.
3. DAILY COMMITMENT: Watch Your Daily Routine! (Romans 12:1)
- We must be committed to our personal relationship with the Lord, nurturing it continually.
- Also, we must be committed to our divine assignment, doing something every day that feeds into our God-given goals consistently.
4. SUBMIT YOUR WILL TO GOD: Be Totally Submitted! (Lamentation 3:37-38; Romans 8:28)
- Do not allow the challenges of life discourage you, trust in the Lord always as He is always in control.
- Press onwards towards your goals in total submission to God in all circumstances, knowing that all things work together for your good always.
5. ALWAYS OBEY & LET GOD DIRECT YOU: Stay Committed to Obedience! (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Make up your mind to discover and put God’s commandments into action in your life and affairs.
- Let the Lord direct your affairs, do not simply lean on your own understanding, trust in the Lord all the way.
6. ALWAYS BE WILLING TO ENDURE: Stay Strong! (2 Timothy 2:3-7)
- Stand strong with firm convictions in all seasons, do not let setbacks throw you off course.
- Do not give up easily when challenges come your way, trust in the Lord always and hold on firmly till the very end.
7. CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE: Your Attitude Matters! (Proverbs 3:5-6)
- Always have a good attitude on every occasion and remain positive.
- Maintain this good attitude towards God and man at all times, as your attitude can determine your outcome.
8. WORK SMART: It’s Speed! (2 Corinthians 10:12; Philippians 2:3)
- Do what God has graced you to do, endeavour not to compare yourself with others.
- Stay in your God-given lane and in line with His grace upon your life and by His grace you will prosper.
- It is matter of both starting strong and finishing well, you must get on your God-given assignment and be determined to finish well.
- Lean completely on God’s grace, spend time the Lord daily, be committed to your relationship with God and your assignment every day, submit to God’s will in total trust always, obey the Lord, endure difficult times, maintain a good attitude always and work in line with your God-given grace, shunning all unnecessary comparisons with others.
- This season may the Lord continue to direct your steps as you journey forward in life and may you finish strongly, in Jesus’ name, Amen.